Helping all students succeed is a district-level issue.
That's why addressing racial disparities at the district level is vital. Only then can we create true change. District-level management of the issue allows us to identify, analyze and overcome systemic barriers and develop a broad, comprehensive vision for eliminating racial disparities.
A number of tools are offered at the district level to help educators focus efforts to work toward educational equity for all students:
- Identify factors that contribute to disproportionality with a checklist
- Study an assessment of Wisconsin schools to identify barriers to and gaps in student learning
- Learn about topical resources, including professional development models, books and speakers
- Participate in a Consortium on Racial Equity in Education in Wisconsin
- Tap into resources that assist in identifying cultural mismatch