CREATE Updates - From Our Team to Your Inbox
The monthly CREATE E-Newsletter keeps you up-to-date on resources, training sesions, professional development opportunities, conferences devoted to closing the achievement gap among students who are culturally and linguistically diverse.
Subscribe by completing the E-Newsletter registration form at right.
June 10, Issue Includes:
- The CREATE Culturally Responsive Environment Conference
- PTA Works to Help All Children Succeed
- Is Anyone Listening?
- Educational Equality Project
- What's Different About Teaching Reading to Students Learning English?
- Playing for Change: Peace Through Music
- Race and Recession Report
- Poverty and Potential
- The Psychology of Multiculturalism in the Schools
- Making Diversity Count: An Online Diversity Training Course for Educators
- The International Center for Leadership in Education Annual Model Schools Conference
- Developing Professional Developers: Classroom Instruction That Works with English Language Learners
- National Indian School Board Association and Association of Community Tribal Schools Summer Conference
- Poverty and Race: Understanding cultural and racial differences and the effects on learning
- Making a World of Difference
May 13, Issue includes:
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act: Recommendations for Addressing the Needs of English Language Learners
- Leadership in the Interest of the Economically Disadvantaged
- Visit the African Heritage, Inc. (AHI)
- How to Incorporate the Student Art Competition into Your Classroom
- School Readiness: Closing Racial and Ethnic Gaps
- Annual Dual U Summer Institute (DUSI)
- Native American Cultural Awareness for Educators
- Improving Outcomes for English Language Learners: Oral Language Across the Curriculum
April 17, Issue includes:
- Archived Webinar: Serving Diverse Families: Strategies for Early Childhood Service Providers
- American Indians in Children's Literature Website
- IRIS STAR Legacy Modules
- How Real is Race?
- The Psychology of Multiculturalism in the Schools: A Primer for Practice, Training, and Resources.
- FREE Regional Special Education Conference!
- Minnesota Indigenous Language Symposium V
- American Indian Teacher Education Conference
- NASPs School Psychology Summer Conference Promoting Competence, Creating Capacity
- Summer Institute Program for Second Language Teachers
- 2nd Annual Summit for Courageous Conversation
March 17, Issue includes:
- Teaching Tolerance Grants Available
- First Native American to Play Major League Baseball
- 100+ Educational Strategies to Teach Children of Color
- High School Resources Series: Reinveneting 9th Grade and Making 12th Grade Meaningful
- PBS's "In the Mix" March 28 - Dealing with Differences
- Professional Development: Helping Teachings to Teach Wisconsin Native American and Hmong History, Culture, Hmong National Conference, Model Schools Conference, New Leaders Workshop of the National SEED, Shaping Our Future Wisdom Keepers Conference
February 17, Issue includes:
- Compare/Contrast Activities
- North Central Resource Center Webinar Series
- President Obama's Speech on Race: Classroom Ideas
- Recommended Reading: Because of Race
- Reviving the Goal of an Integrated Society
- Teaching Tolerance Activities
- Professional Development Opportunities